Bethesda Academy Savannah
Famed British British preacher Rev. George Whitfield founded this haven in 1740 for children of settlers who died from the fever epidemic that had swept through the colonies. With encouragement from Methodism founder John Wesley, and his brother Charles, Whitefield established Bethesda on 500 acres with a land grant from King George II.
Visitors to Bethesda come for spiritual, cultural, natural and educational purposes.
- Visit the historic Whitefield Chapel
- The William H. Ford Museum with history and preserved memorabilia
- Organic Garden (including a hoop house and greenhouse)
- Working farm with livestock and chickens.
- Meals can be arranged (for a fee) or bring your own lunch and have dinner on the grounds.
Schedule Your Tour
Call 912.351.2061 or email Lisa Wilkes: email@example.com for more information.